This is a workshop to introduce Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms to DOTL members. We will discuss:
– how to create an account on social media;
– ways to keep your social media accounts private and secure;
– how to add posts, join a conversation and be a social media influencer;
– understand the legal landscape in context of freedom of speech on social media;
– do’s and don’ts to support equity causes;
– our professional boundaries on social media.
Participants do not require experience with Facebook and Twitter features but having your own profile will be a benefit.
DATE: Wednesday, June 9, 2021
TIME: 4:30 – 6:30 pm
LOCATION: this is a virtual workshop; participants will receive the zoom link in the reminders that are sent out prior to the workshop
PARTICIPATION: limited to 20 members. If you receive a note that the workshop is full and wish to be placed on the waitlist, email to: email@example.com.