Registration is now open for ETFO’S SummerAcademy 2017.
70 three-day courses, located throughout the province, will focus on the arts, assessment, classroom management, French, literacy, kindergarten, special education and a variety of other learning areas to meet your professional learning needs. In addition to ETFO’s regular Summer Academy courses, there are additional math and technology courses available due to enhanced funding from the Ontario Ministry of Education. Each course includes practical, classroom-ready strategies and time to collaborate and network with colleagues from across Ontario. These practical and dynamic courses always fill up very quickly. Don’t be disappointed, register today.
Visit the ETFO 2017 Summer Academy website at www.etfo.ca to register today.
This summer, OTF, with the support of the Ministry of Education, is offering once again a variety of professional learning events that give you time to learn, reflect on your classroom practice, and collaborate with peers.
These three-day intensive workshops for teachers by teachers will be curriculum based with an additional focus on at least one of the following:
- deepening equity and inclusive education practices;
- encouraging students’ pursuit of non-traditional occupations and vocations;
- exploring 21st Century Learning/global competencies (critical thinking and problem-solving; innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship; learning to learn/self-aware and self-directed learning; collaboration; communication; and global citizenship);
- increasing competency in assessment for learning;
- integrating financial literacy/learning;
- infusing Indigenous perspectives;
- supporting inquiry-focused teaching and learning; and
- harnessing information and communications technologies (ICT) to support learning.
Institutes begin on July 10 and are held at various locations across Ontario. A registration fee of $50 covers workshop materials, on-site meals and two nights of single accommodation at a university/college residence if requested. Participants may also be eligible for a transportation subsidy. This $50 fee will be reimbursed upon successful completion of a workshop.
For more information and to Register click on the following link: