ETFO DURHAM OCCASIONAL TEACHERS’
2018 – 2020
- To represent our members and advocate and/or mediate as necessary between the Durham District School Board (DDSB) and members in good standing of the Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario (ETFO) and the Durham Occasional Teachers’ Local (DOTL).
- To secure and maintain through collective bargaining in conjunction with ETFO provincial the best possible terms and conditions of employment.
- To support and encourage our members to obtain the skills necessary to work successfully in daily, LTO and, if desired permanent positions with the DDSB through sponsorship of professional learning opportunities. The Local will work, in cooperation with the DDSB, to ensure job requirements are communicated effectively and training is made available.
- To cooperate and foster positive relations with other Locals in Durham Region (e.g. ETFO Durham Teacher local, ETFO, DECE Local, OSSTF, CUPE, etc.)
- To foster a climate of social justice in Durham Region.