In these uncertain times, as daily OTs or teachers on an LTO, we may be asked / required to teach a class virtually. For those new to virtual teaching, such an assignment can seem daunting and it may seem confusing and overwhelming to know where to begin.
Presenter Ferial Visram, who is currently teaching virtually, will cover the following aspects of teaching virtually:
– When you pick up a virtual teaching job from SFE who do you contact?
– How do you access the teacher’s classroom, log into the meet and open the link for students and how is the meet reset and closed?
– Features of Google meets to help with classroom management (remote chat, pinning and mutting students, and removing students).
– How to record the attendance.
– Where is the supply binder?
– Presenting slides: How to use jamboards/whiteboards and how to set up and monitor breakout rooms.
– What do you do when you do not have plans but need to teach a class? (Access to quick resources of field trips that you can take your students to and math games that you can rely on.)
Everyone that signs up and attends this workshop can have access to the OT’s Google Classroom Resources where Ferial can post links for the field trips and some math links that teachers can use no matter which grade they are teaching.
DATE: Wednesday, January 5, 2022
TIME: 4:30 – 6:30 pm. IN THE EVENT the winter break is extended, this workshop will still run, but will be offered from 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Please be sure you can attend either time.
LOCATION: this workshop will be presented virtually via Google Meet. The link will be sent to participants on the morning of the workshop date.